i. DCE (now DTU) provided to the nation around 30,000 engineering graduates and postgraduates who have excelled at home and abroad. Many of them have attained positions of high responsibility in government as well as in the corporate world. In addition, 2400 postgraduates and 75 PhDs have been provided by DCE (now DTU) faculty during the past years.
ii. The long list of distinguished alumni of DCE (now DTU) has earned their alma mater a reputation of being one of the premier institutions in the country recognized throughout the world for its academic and professional excellence. Some of the distinguished alumni of DCE (now DTU) are:
• Shri Vinod Dham, the Father of Pentium Chip.
• Shri Raj Soin, Chairman of Soin International and a highly successful Industrialist in USA.
• Shri K.L. Chugh, Chairman Emeritus, ITC Ltd.
• Shri Pramod Haque, one of the world’s greatest venture capitalist.
• Shri A.K. Puri, former CMD of BHEL.
• Shri Ashwani Kumar, CMD, Bharat Electronics Ltd.
• Sanjeev Ahuja, Chairman, Orange SA.
• Prof. Bhuvnesh Goswami, Distinguished Alumni Professor Clemson Univ. USA.
• Prof. D.Y. Goswami, Distinguished Professor at University of Florida, USA.
• Shri Durga D. Agarwal, President, Piping Tech. & Product Inc., USA.
• Yogesh Sud, 1969 Mech, NASA Gold Medalist Scientist.
• Dr. Krishan Kumar, Advisor-Engineering, Maruti Udyog Ltd.
• Shri Anil K. Sardana, MD, Tata Telecommunications.
• Shri Surya Kant, Sr. Vice President TCS and Country Head USA Ltd.
• Shri B.S. Kapoor, Former MD of IRCON International Ltd.
• Shri Karnal Singh, I.P.S., Jt. Commissioner of Police, Delhi.
• Shri Arun Goel, IAS, Ministry of Finance, GOI.
• Ashok K. Baweja, 1970 Elec, Former Chairman, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
• Shri A.N. Singh, Shri Janak Bhasin and Shri Kishan Swaroop, all three rose to the level of
Chairman of Central Electricity Authority.
• Shri A.K. Choudhury, Former CMD of MTNL.
• Lt. General K.K. Mehra, Former Director General of EME.
• Shri S. K. Bij, Former Member Railway Board & President Indian Building Congress.
• And many more.